A breast self exam (BSE) is easy to do. It is important that women conduct this self examination at least once a month for detection of lumps. This BSE can be done in 10-15 mins.
1. lie down w a pillow on your right shoulder
2. Using your three middle fingers of your left hand, massage your right breast with the pads of your fingers. feel for any lumps or bumps and any abnormality that you can detect. motions can either be circular or up and down
3. continue this motion on the whole of the breast extending to the area just around the armpits.
4. repeat the whole thing for the left breast
5. repeat while standing up and just for good measure squeeze your nipples gently and see if any substance comes out
6. check for other abnormalities like rashes, dimpling or redness and swelling