c-section
5 Replies
sophie77

if your first child was delivered via c-section will the others need to be delivered this way?

IheartJan

I think so because of the incission.

maddie_a

After a healing period, I think you can opt for a normal birth after a c-section.

Louise_M

Its not applicable anymore. your doctor can advice you if you can have a vaginal birth after your first c-section.

s1george

Hi I have had three c-sections. My first child was an emergency c-section. When I got pregnant with my second child the doctor told me that since my incision looked great and there was not a lot of scar tissue I could go for vbac which is vaginal birth after cesarean or I could just have another c-section it was up to me. Since I am so small I was scared to try vbac so I went with another c-section since I healed so quickly with the first. You can try vbac after one c-section if your doctor feels you are up to it. After you have had two c-sections you are not allowed to try vbac because there is a chance of an abruption to your uterine wall and that can be dangerous. So you really need to discuss your options with your doctor and see how you and your doctor feel about it and go from there.

ceciliab01

I've spoken to at least a dozen women who have had a vaginal birth after a c-section. In each case it was several years after the c-section though.

You must log in to reply.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?