irregular menstruation
3 Replies
jasnim_enam

i am 28 & i weigh 75kilos now. i have hypothyroidism. but now it is under control. my TSH is 2.05. i took hormonal pills for four months to regulate my menstrual cycle from august to November. it was ginette35 (ethinyl estradiol and cyproterone acetate tablets). then in December i got periods lasting 7 days for thrice intervening 7days. and the weight was very reduced and felt better than before. but now before the due date my appetite increased and started eating a lot than my regular diet, gaining rapid weight and dark circles around my eyes. excess hair loss.

my previous history is- i got my first period when i was 14. it lasted for 20 days. then again it started after 9 months. it used to last for 10-12 days with huge bleeding. but my menstruation cycle was never regular. sometimes it used to occur after 2-3 months. i was normal healthy with proper weight girl. when i became 19 i started gaining weight. at 21 i weighed 81kilos. i started walking and changed my diet. with in three months i reduced to 60. at the age of 25 i got married. i took OCP first 2 months. then stopped for the need of a baby. i never took any precaution from then. but could not conceive. i tried all the ways with the help of local gynecologist. but it didn't work.

i need to get rid of this problem any how. i don't have any other complication than only hypothyroidism.

infodoc

Hi. Sorry about the problems you are having. Read your post. What precise problem troubles u most "i need to get rid of this problem any how. "

jasnim_enam

i want a regular menstrual cycle.

infodoc

This description you gave "but now before the due date my appetite increased and started eating a lot than my regular diet, gaining rapid weight and dark circles around my eyes. excess hair loss" is an indication that there is a hormonal imbalance involved, likely related to the hormonal pills u are taking.

Both thyroid hormones and birth pills can affect the menstrual cycle.

U will need a close review by the endocrinologist and collaboration with the gynecologist to help solve your problem. The problem causing your irregular cycle may very likely be related to the reason you cannot conceive. U do not only need the gynecologist but also the endocrinologist to work closely. I see it is a challenging medical condition that will require close expert follow-up.

Hope this helps. One question..did you have irregular cycles even before the symptoms of hypothyroidism?

You must log in to reply.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?