dont believe in birth control, but dont want to get pregnant
3 Replies

me and my girlfriend are both virgins and we believe in sex after marriage, we plan to get married in may of 2011. our situation is that we dont believe in the idea of using a condom, pill, or any other birth control. My question is, other then tracking your ovulation period and checking for mucus avoiding sex during that time, what are other natural birth control methods and precautions we can take to avoid pregnancy?

My husband and I are Christians as it sounds like the two of you might be, and we've been in the same place, however, we have been married almost 10 years now. We desire to trust God in every area of our lives, and as a result we have 6 beautiful babies -- 8 and under. I am 38 now, and had my last baby almost 2 years ago. Each pregnancy was difficult for me, and by the time we got to number 6, I knew that physically I could not handle another one. This may sound strange to some, nevertheless, I prayed and prayed and asked the Lord about holding off on future pregnancies. I gave Him some specifics in terms of the baby -- the sex, the hair color, the eye color and the complexion -- this would be my confirmation that the Lord was giving me the "ok" to take some form of birth control, or, have my tubes tied. I got the "ok" and started researching contraceptives. I struggled hard with the thought of tying my tubes and opted instead to go with what I felt was the next best thing, and that was the Paraguard. It's an IUD, and lasts for 10 years. There are no hormones at all. It's a very small flexible t-shaped piece of plastic wrapped in copper wire. What happens is, the copper is toxic to the sperm and it causes them to die off, thus preventing pregnancy. It's effective immdiately. The downside has been very painful lower back pain, and frequent long menstrual periods. Mine has a tendency to go for about a week and a half about every 2 - 3 weeks. Initially, it was also extremely heavy, but has tapered off a bit. I'm planning to have it removed at this point and am reconsidering/praying about tubal ligation. In your case, since you are just starting out, if you are Christians, I say trust God -- He gracious, He does not force, and won't give you more than you can handle. Aside from that, there's not really much you can do that I know of except the rythm method as you described. God bless you in your search!

Hello, I am in the same situation as you. I actually get married this coming october and i've been researching natural birth control methods. i do not believe in altering the natural chemical balance of my body with the use of birth control pills/shots. with that said, i'm leaning towards the standard days method. it seems easiest to track and with practice i believe it will become second nature. It is 95% effective when used perfectly. Best wishes with your future wedding. I know other couples who have been married for 3-5 years using the ovulation method and standard days method and they are without children. I hope this helps....

go to and take a look at a device called a LadyComp. I am getting married in December of this year, and my fiance and I are exactly like you. Don't wanna use condoms. Don't believe in BC. This little device does all the work for you as far as tracking when you are safe and when not. It gives a red light if youre fertile, green if your good to go. All it requires is abstinence on the fertile days. It's somewhat expensive, but compared to buying birth control, etc. for years, you end up saving. IT has a 10 year life expectancy. All you do is take your temp. every morning when you wake up.

You must log in to reply.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?